Happy Winter Solstice! This is one of my very favorite holidays, because today is the start of the energetic new year. It’s also the day to bring in the light! If you want to have a more organized home for this upcoming year, the Solstice is the most power packed time of year to set those intentions. In this post, I’ll give you my best tips to help you make the most of the Solstice vibes so that you can have a more organized home! And don’t worry if you miss celebrating the Solstice on the 21st. You can still catch the Solstice organizing vibes using your intentions. Get ready to set the tone for the entire year ahead!
- Declutter! Even if you feel like your house is very cluttered, just make a step towards decluttering. It’s ok if you can’t finish everything right away. Just make a motion towards decluttering something. It could be going through the fridge or pantry looking for expired food, putting a few articles of clothing in a bag for Goodwill, or finally getting rid of something you’ve been meaning to let go of for a long time. Remember, you are setting the tone for the upcoming year, so anything you can do in the way of decluttering will help start the decluttering flow for the upcoming year.
- Clean something that you haven’t cleaned for a while. This could mean wiping the dust off the tops of high surfaces, sweeping the back patio, or finally laundering some cushions that really need it. Washing away dust, dirt, and grime will act as a metaphor to make it easier for you to let go of other unwanted things or situations in your life. This will make space for new and great things to enter your reality.
- Get some fresh air. This will help bring clarity towards your organizing goals. It will help refresh your perspective, give you added motivation, and help you uncover things that are clogging up the works. Every disorganized problem always has a main source that’s creating more and more clutter. The fresh air will help you identify the root cause of your disorganization. You’ll also get insight on steps to take to heal it.
- Do a ritual:
-Clear your energetic space. Set your intentions to clear the space. Use Reiki, prayer, crystals, visualizations, essential oils, sound bowls, tuning forks, incense, sage, or whatever else you like to clear the space.
-Bring in high vibration energy. Again, use your intentions to see which materials you feel guided to use. You could even just listen to some music that uplifts your spirit.
-Do a meditation. I love using the Insight Timer app to help me get centered and relaxed. When you are centered and relaxed, you are able to hear your intuition more accurately.
-Reflect. This is a profound opportunity for reflection. Notice which parts of yourself you try to deny or hide from others. What do you need to do to let all parts of yourself shine?
-Express gratitude. Pay attention to all the wonderful things that are going right in your world.
-Set your intentions. Get clarity on what you would like to release and bring in. Use simple words such as “organized”, “calm”, “peace”, “love”, and “harmony”, as these words are easy to bring forth right away. The more you feel these good feelings, the more and more you will feel them in your life. What do you wish to let go of? What do you want to accomplish in 2024? What steps will lead you to your goals?
-Add some sparkle and bring in the light. Recognize and remember how important luminosity is. Light a candle as you say your intentions for the renewed hope and growth coming your way. I also like using a sparkler as I give gratitude for my intentions coming into fruition.
-SMILE, and release your intentions into the universe. I like to write my intentions down on two pieces of paper. One piece I keep with me throughout the year, so I can check in throughout the year to make sure I’m on track. I burn the other piece of paper to release the intentions into the universe. You can also use Flying Wish Paper to help release them.
I’m wishing you all lots of peace and harmony this Solstice!
Posted By Jean Prominski, Certified Professional Organizer
- Follow me on Instagram @seattlesparkle
- Join my Facebook Group, Declutter and Organize with Seattle Sparkle.
- Ready to book a consultation? Complete this form.
- Download my free 5 week journal The Seattle Sparkle Method to Get Organized and Stay Organized
- Check out my media exposure: Seattle Sparkle in the Media
- For artwork to energize your home, order through jeanprominski.com.